Monday, January 16, 2012

1. Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I marked the review as it may have spoilers.

Let's see - I heard about the book and it's photographs, loved the idea. I love old photos creepy or not...but I thought this book would initially be a creepy thriller and less of an X-men remake.

Initially I could NOT put the book down, after a while - after knowing where it was going it was still interesting to me - just less so.

I liked the whole "down the rabbit hole" type feel it had to it, with a twist of time travel.

I kind of have mixed feelings about it - I LOVED it starting out and then towards the end I was like, "eh". In saying that, I can't wait for the movie (heard Tim Burton) is looking into it and I can't wait to read the sequel.

I read this on my e-reader, some have complained that reading it on a Kindle is no good because the pics and the letters written do not show up well. I have a Pandigital, which is comparable to the Nook Color and I was able to see all photos and letters nicely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment