Wednesday, May 23, 2012

9. Confessions of a Middle-Aged Babe Magnet

Confessions of a Middle-Aged Babe MagnetConfessions of a Middle-Aged Babe Magnet by Chad Stone

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ok, so what should I say about this? I rated it three stars. It was ok, it wasn't what I was hoping for but it was a light read. Reading the reviews, I expected HILARIOUS adventures in dating.

What I got was an older gentleman's break back into the dating world coming out of a divorce. I'm not sure if I just was NOT in the right age-group to respect something of this nature.

I felt two things while reading it:

1) It felt a little awkward in the sense that I felt like I was being nosey in my father's personal romantic conquests. Again, I think this would have been enjoyed by a more mature age group.

2) I felt like the book was a complete advertisement of multiple websites. (IE: Match.com, Cupid.com, Wikipedia).

There were a few phrases throughout the book that I enjoyed and seem to connect with, but then the author would jump back in with "Wikipedia says...." and he'd lose me all over again. I'm not one for having just plain old facts spouted at me as I'm trying to read for enjoyment and humor. I felt like I was reading a research paper entirely based on online quotes. If I had wanted to know what Wikipedia says about dating...I would have just looked there myself.

I laughed out loud ONCE the entire book...and that was at his commenting on how bar lighting had failed him once again.

I did also enjoy when he just summed up dates with date names and descriptions. Yet, at the same time - I feel like he was inconsistant. I felt the short summaries with names was kind of stuffed in there becase he was running out of pages and had to get to the end before going over his page limit. The author took the first few dates and had them go on in detail for pages. It wasn't till near the end that he had to try and squeeze the others in there to just get it done.

I think it would have been more suited for the self-help section. I think it may possibly help those newly divorce after years of marriage. Men and Women...men, it'll give you tips. Women, it will give insight as to what a man is thinking.

All in all - for me a 32 yr old married lady - it was just ok...no fireworks here. 3 stars, b/c while it wasn't for me - I think it will be enjoyed by it's targeted group.


If you are interested in reading it yourself, it can be purchased at Barnes and Noble and
Amazon. Just click the link below.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment