Saturday, November 17, 2012

14. 50 Shades of Grey - Book 1

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have never read "erotica" before this book, so I'm not exactly sure how it rates to other erotica reads. I started reading this because of all the hype....BIG mistake. I really can't see how this has become a bestseller...and not just this one but all three!?

Does it get better?? The storyline seemed a little off. Really, a 26 yr old "perfect" in every way billionaire? This really MUST be someone's fantasy. I can't remember - did they ever mention what Mr. Grey's company was??

I'd say the storyline was intriguing without all the sex...but the story line never got anywhere. Every time some sort of hint of a story came (ex: how Mr Grey became so many shades of *&*#& up) to the surface the author just watered it down with so much sex...the story just seemed to float away.

Not to mention the sex was so repeatitive...I just don't get the appeal of this book or the two that follow. I won't even bother to pick up and read the other two...it took all I had just to make it through the first one. It was just bad all the way the around.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment